Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Sheltering Tree

They say that friendship is like a sheltering tree. When the highs and lows of life leave you weary, beneath the branches of a true friend you will be refreshed. The ladies you see above are very near and dear to my heart. Each one of them at one time have sheltered me in the storm and encouraged me at one time. They have provided wisdom, made me laugh, been there for me, and had some input into who I am today. Even though we are miles apart, time seems to stand still. We are still as close today even though we are geographically far apart. From the left is my friend Tina, LeAnne, me of course, and then Ange. We were able to get together just prior to me flying back to Brunei. We shared many laughs, stories of life, and caught up with each others lives while we shared some sushi. I so treasured that time.

I am also blessed with another true friend. Her name is Elaine. She is a friend I have known from high school. We are different people, but share such similarities that will keep us bonded for life. My dear friend Elaine was willing to drive 5 hours just to share a cup of coffee with me! That to me is amazing and shows how selfless she really is. Of course, I couldn't let her do that, but I am so looking forward to the summer when we can hike a mountain together and share where life has taken us.
I've always said I only need a handful of friends. These women to me are a treasure. Beneath their branches I am refreshed. I hope that I too provide the same rest for others beneath my branches.

No comments: