Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Today we went to our American friends home to celebrate American Thanksgiving. I was amazed that she was able to fit 14 kids and 14 adults for a sit down dinner! We had a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings. One of the turkeys was roasted in the oven and the other was deep fried. Both versions were absolutely delicious and super moist. After dinner we had a huge spread of desserts including pumpkin pie, key lime pie, trifle, and berry crisp. I had a taste of each of them as if the turkey wasn't filling enough!
I also wanted to introduce you to a few of the friends we've met that I'm sure you heard me talking about. In the top left picture is Evan's friend Zack. He lives right next door to us and we happen to like his parents quite a bit as well. Below that photo is Elaine on the left. Elaine has lived here the longest and has been a huge help to me adjusting to life in Brunei. In the same photo is Angie on the right. Angie is Zack's mom and she is expecting her third baby any day now. On the bottom right picture is Cactus. She hosted this wonderful dinner and it has been great getting to know her. This group of girls are the wives of the guys who work for Weatherford. We all tend to meet on a Friday morning at the club for coffee. I'm thankful that they have welcomed me and have shown me the ropes to adjusting to life in Brunei.

No comments: