Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Until We Meet Again...


For the past 2 years I have shared the company of this fine group you see above.  My apologies for the poor picture.  It really is a beautiful framed photo that I received last night as I bid farewell to a special group of friends.  This is our mentoring group.  Like I said we meet every Wednesday and study, learn and grow from each other in our knowledge of the bible.  

So last night was our final get together.  They will continue on, but for me I will be far away but will be with them in my heart.  From the moment I arrived emotion consumed me.  As hard as I tried the tears kept brimming.  These people have meant so much to me and I will miss them terribly.  

I was so touched as they each shared words of encouragement to me, each one filling me more of a sense of loss.  They all spoke of their privilege of meeting me.  But I do hope they know I was the one blessed.  I've learnt so much from each of these people.  They are all amazing Christians and give me a role model to strive to become.  We are all different, but I love traits from each and every one of these people with whom I've come to love.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to walk alongside you in your life.  Who you are has impacted me immensely.  I'll take your words and memories you've given me and treasure them forever!  Until we meet again...

No comments: