Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hong Kong - Day Two


Our plans for the second day were to head to the Big Buddha cable car ride.  The boys and I braved riding the train by ourselves to meet Jocelyn.  I must say I felt like a real local as I tried to look like I knew what I was doing.  We made it to our meeting spot with no glitches.  We continued onward to the cable car ride.  It really wasn't the best day to take in the sights.  As we purchased our tickets there were thunderstorm warnings.  Not the best info for someone who doesn't particularly like heights.  But we pressed on assuring ourselves the fog would clear for the ride back.  I will add that there is an option to riding a glass bottom cable car.  This was something my boys would have loved if I agreed, but not this time!

The rain stopped as we reached the summit.  From inside the cable car the fog gave the feeling of a cold morning.  But that wasn't the case.  It really was something to see despite the thick mist.  We climbed the many stairs to the Buddha.  Took in as much of the view as we could and then headed back down for a bite of lunch.  We have forgotten how much we missed western food.  The boys enjoyed a Subway lunch while Jocelyn and I tucked into a Chicken Tikka wrap.  

After lunch as we had hoped the fog lifted.  On the way down we were able to see the most stunning views.  Once at the bottom we headed to an outlet mall and took in some retail therapy.  It was another busy day.  We enjoyed our pillows almost as much as the day we'd had.  

No comments: