Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just the Two of Us...


Last Friday was a graduation of sorts for all of the MIT students.  We studied diligently for a year completing a course that was lifechanging to most of us.  Our dinner was in Bandar a little over an hour from where we live.  So Yolande and I took the opportunity to fit in one last farewell just the two of us.  On our way there, the wildlife of Brunei joined in the farewell celebration.  While parked on the side of the road we saw a clan of monkeys sitting side by side on a branch enjoying each others company as much as us humans do.  While we were snapping photos of the monkeys a huge monitor lizard appeared out of the bushes.  I think mother nature orchestrated this scene just for me!

We arrived at the luxurious Empire hotel a little after 2. I never tire of taking in hotel that is literally dripping in gold and marble.  It makes you feel like royalty when you stay in this palace.   

After a stroll through the shops we headed for afternoon tea.  I enjoyed the most delicious scones and coffee.  Even more so I enjoyed my friend.  Yolande is one of those friends who make you a better person for having met her.  I've enjoyed many laughs, lessons and tears. We can and often do talk for hours on end without realizing where the time went.  In fact, as we were heading to our dinner we were engrossed in chatter and before we knew it we had missed our turning and were backtracking making us arrive fashionably late! 

I love you my friend!!  I will always treasure the time when our paths crossed!

No comments: