Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Farewell Friends...


It is official... 2 weeks today we leave our life here in Brunei.  When I think about how little time I have to get in with those I've grown so close to, I tear up.  I guess they are tears of sadness, but also tears of a void that I know will be there as I  board the plane for home.  I really have been blessed with so many friends that have become like family to me.  Last night a group of my friends put on a farewell party in my honor.  I was truly touched!  We met at a local sushi restaurant and had an amazing time just being together.  

After dinner they surprised me with a Canadian cake and a beautiful gift. Inside is a gift I will treasure forever.  It was a beautiful quilt that I have admired for quite some time.  Thank you ladies for truly making me feel so loved!  These next couple of weeks will be an emotional time for me.  There are the highs of going home and the exciting changes that will take place.  But like I said earlier, the void that will be left as I depart.  Some of my friends I'm sure our paths will cross again.  But for others, our time in Brunei together will be the memories I take with me.  It always amazes me that the people who come into your life are for a reason and a season.  Each of these ladies lives have impacted me in my life.  For some I've watched how and who they are and hoped to mirror those traits in my own life.  For others they have spoken, taught and encouraged me as I have made my way through this life.  I treasure each one of you and you each hold a piece of my heart!  Thank you again for the privilege of calling you my friend!

No comments: