Thursday, September 1, 2011

Time for Family


Prior to the last dinner at our family reunion the entire group gathered for the updating of our family photos. The reunion was held in 100 Mile House, BC. This is definitely cowboy country, filled with rolling hills of beauty. The view from the resort was amazing, so while we were waiting for our branch of the family photo to be taken we took a moment to capture our own photos.


I love this photo of my sister Jamie and I. We are so much closer now than when we were going through our "sibling rivalry" as kids. We are different in so many ways but, our heartstrings are tied tight. I am the older of the two of us and may have paved the way for her to a point but, she has taught me many things that cause me to stop and strive to be more like her. We shared many laughs and heart to heart chats of where life has us at the moment. Each of us has a journey of our own, unique to what we have been dealt. I'm thankful that I have a sister and a friend who knows me in and out. Someone I can share the deepest places of my heart. She has seen the path my feet have taken me in the past. I hope the lessons I've learned will make her journey slightly smoother. Love you Sis!

No comments: