Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kieran's Hockey Camp


For many years both of my boys have been lovers of hockey. We spent countless early mornings with my mittens around a warm cup of coffee. If I'm casting a dim light on hockey that is not my intention. Don't get me wrong, when the 5am alarm goes off on a Saturday morning I do drag myself from my cozy bed. However, now that we are living in a country that is so hot hockey is not possible, I truly miss it. As have my boys. So this summer and for the past few summers Kieran has spent a whole week at a hockey camp. This is the ideal camp for him as they eat, sleep, and play hockey. He loves everything about this camp and I love the smile it brings to his face. We went to his final game and it was so great to watch. I love watching him think on the ice. He is great on his skates but, his head is always on the game. I don't know the final score, nor do I care. In my opinion the joy I get from seeing my boy doing what he loves is worth more than any number on the scoreboard.

No comments: