Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Perks of Homeschooling


Today Kieran and I took our science homework to the beach. We have been studying Ecosystems in our science class. We had to visit an ecosystem and find biotic (living) elements and abiotic (non living) elements. It was a beautiful day and quite hot I might add, so class on the beach was great. With all the struggles homeschooling has been, the beach was a nice perk. Another update about our homeschooling is that I've found a teacher to help me. She is fabulous. She is from Ireland, and has just arrived in Brunei after teaching in Hong Kong for the past 7 years. She will be taking over the math and language arts curriculum for me. Kieran goes to her house two morning a week for four hours per day. Not only is she helping me immensely, Kieran has taken to her and is benefiting from a one on one teacher. Hooray!!

No comments: