Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Good Day...

Today started bright and early for the usual school day. Evan starts school at 7:30 so we are usually out of the house by 7:10. Kieran also had is day with his teacher. So after dropping him off at her house at 8:00, I headed to the beach. I had packed my breakfast so I sat taking in the view while eating my papaya and museli bar. Life here has had it's ups and downs, so taking time for myself without any interruptions was just what I needed. I don't know what you do to find balance in life, but for me I always like to get out in nature. My favorite place to gather my thoughts is at the top of a mountain. Looking over life from above seems to put life in perspective.

I picked Kieran up from his class at noon. We headed home to have some leftover lasagne for lunch. Then I went to the Panaga Club to start my first quilt lesson. My sister is getting married in May and for her gift I wanted to make her a quilt. Don't worry, it is not a secret. She did have some input into the colors, but I'm hoping she will still be surprised at the final result.

So today was a good day... I was able to have some space for myself, time to be creative, and now I sit in an empty house with a dinner made that I didn't have to cook!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love "those" days! I gotta say, a quiet morning to eat breakfast at the beach sound like just the ticket :)