Thursday, January 27, 2011

A lesson in Patience...

After such a lovely day yesterday, I eagerly anticipated my Friday activities. On a Friday I drop Evan off to school and then head to the club for breakfast and coffee with a few of the ladies. Friday is a day when anyone who wants to come meets for coffee. I went and had a lovely breakfast of banana crepes. After a good visit with the gals, I headed up to my sewing class. As I said yesterday I have finally put the quilt together and was just getting ready to "quilt" the quilt. After a small blunder on my quilt yesterday I went home and spent a little over an hour unpicking a whole section of my stitches. This is my least favorite part of sewing!! With that mistake behind me I set my mind for resewing my mistake and then I would be ready to start quilting. Now here comes my lesson in patience... I'm not sure what I did this time, but the batting kept puckering!! So back to unstitching I went. So frustrating. After one of the lovely ladies helped me sew it smooth, I am finally able to start where I left off. This quilt has been a labour of love! I can't wait to see my sisters face as she opens my present on her wedding day!

No comments: