Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Yoga by the Beach

Today was the first day back to school for the boys. A friend of mine had invited me to join her for yoga by the beach. It sounded so lovely! After dropping Evan off at school, Kieran and I headed to the club for a quick bite of breakfast before the class started. As we were getting out of the car we felt the faintest hint of rain. By the time we reached the door the skies opened up and poured down on us. I thought, "That's it!" A good excuse to get out of exercise. But within a few minutes the skies dried up and the yoga instructor walked by me inviting me to join them. And I'm glad I did. It was absolutely amazing exercising in such a beautiful environment. There was no need for relaxing music to get us in tune with our bodies. The waves roaring and crashing in the background were enough to soothe any troubled mind. My mind has been troubled lately. I'm not sure entirely what has been giving me the blues. But with another year fresh at hand, I decided exercise was what I needed. I'm not so much wanting to build my muscles, but more to build myself internally. So as we were finishing up the class and were in the final moments of relaxation, I felt a tear come to my eye. Not a tear of sadness, but one of gratitude for being in such a beautiful place and experiencing this amazing experience!

1 comment:

FTD said...

Wishing you all the best this new year! xxooxx Tracy