Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Swimming Lessons...

Tonight I was really reliving my youth. I haven't taken swimming lessons for about 20 years!! Wow...That makes me sound so old! The club we belong to offers excellent swimming lessons for kids and apparently adults at a relatively cheap price. So while chatting with a couple of girlfriends, all three of us decided to enlist in the adult swim lessons. It sounded great at the time...you know bravery in numbers! For the last couple of weeks the lessons were cancelled due to power outages. We were secretly cheering inside! But tonight was the night to make the plunge, literally! I must say it was hilarious (thanks to my friend, Debbie) I was sure I would drown from ingesting water while laughing!! But on a serious note, I think I benefited already from the lessons by learning the proper way to breath while doing the front crawl. I will keep you posted on my progress... hopefully I will be able to swim more than one length continuously! (I had wanted to include a photo of my first day at school, but I couldn't think of one person who would willingly allow me to post a photo of them in their bathing suit on my blog!)

No comments: