Monday, August 20, 2012

On Our Travels...


I grew up in the town of Kamloops.  I was born there and graduated there and then moved away shortly after meeting my husband.  So visiting Kamloops for me is like walking down memory lane.  We drove by the houses I lived in, ate at my favorite restaurants, and caught up with old friends. 
This is my good friend Elaine.  We went to highschool together.  We share many hilarious memories together, but we always share a laugh or two and a heart to heart.  She recently built a beautiful new house and I got a tour along side one of my best buds. 

Our next stop was in Kelowna.  I met Giselle on a soccer pitch in Brunei while our boys played Aus sports.  We shared Brunei survival stories over a can of Off to ward off the sand flies.  I was sad when she moved away from Brunei prior to me, but now that we are both on home turf a visit was in order. 

Her and her family brought us to this fabulous beach on the Okanagan Lake where the boys enjoyed ziplining into the water.  We stayed only one night, but as usual it was great to see her smiling face!

No comments: