Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Peter Pan Panto


Last year when we first arrived in Brunei, the club was starting the auditions for their annual pantomine. Evan at that time was eager to audition but stage fright discouraged him. However, this year he was ready to conquer his fear. After his audition he was offered a part in the Peter Pan play as a lost boy. This has been a huge committment but he has absolutely loved it. He has rehearsals about 3 times a week where he works on the dances and acts that he is in.



The panto is quite a professional production. A lot of the expats that live here seem to be quite talented on stage. The stage alone is looking very professional. This past week is the final week for a full run through of the play. I was able to watch it and take a few photos. Bear in mind that is still the rehearsal stage so most of the costumes are not yet done. I really enjoyed the play and not just because my boy is in it! Captain Hook especially is amazing to watch. She plays the part to a tee.



There will be five shows in total starting next week. I am excited for all of Evan's hard work to be appreciated by all. But I'm also a little disappointed. I'm leaving for my trip to Israel on Sunday so I'll miss seeing his face as he steps on stage with a full audience looking back at him. I'm assured there will be a DVD recording that I will be looking forward to. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures of him in his costume. But for now... Here is a sneak preview!

No comments: