Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shopping South of the Border

Yesterday we didn't have too much planned. The boys have swimming lessons on Saturday and Evan takes a Math class. So I thought a lazy morning was at hand. Rob suggested I head over to Miri to do a bit of shopping and he would run the boys to their activities. Well, I didn't need to be asked twice. So with my passport in hand I dashed out the door and headed to the border. Brunei has very limited shopping, but in Malaysia there is a bit more to see. I headed first to a Handicraft Market. I am on the hunt for a few things for my sister's upcoming wedding and thought I'd try my luck there. But what I was looking for wasn't there. So next I went to the mall. I wandered in and out of the shops not really needing anything, but enjoying looking. I did come home with a few things, some new flip flops, boogie boards for the boys, and a new pair of swimming goggles. After I had lunch in the mall I left the mall in search for a book store that I had heard lots about. I did manage to find it and spent a little over an hour browsing in the bookstore. I had a lovely day! The only downfall was the hour long wait to cross the border back into Brunei!

No comments: