Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The trip begins...

Today after many tears and long goodbyes, our family started the first stage of new adventure. We flew out of Nanaimo at 2:30pm. We had a 12 hour layover in Vancouver. So instead of sleeping on the airport seats my husband booked us in the Fairmont to get some R&R prior to our flight. I'm not hard to please when it comes to staying at a hotel, but I felt very spoiled! The boys had a swim and wore off some of their energy. After an early dinner we had the boys sleeping by 8pm. But midnight came far too quickly. As we speak, it is 1am and we are enjoying the comforts of the Air Canada lounge. My husband lovingly gave up his last first class ticket. So I am going to enjoy the next 13 hours in First Class! I can now tick that off my bucket list!! So long for now... I will keep you posted of events still to come!

3 comments:

Christy said...

As much as I'm going to miss you I'm so super excited to be able to follow such an exciting journey! Praying for safe travels!

lil chicken said...

Excited for you all! Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new adventure!! I wish you four the very best!!!