Thursday, September 2, 2010

Arrival into Hong Kong

After a 13 hour flight we finally arrived in Hong Kong at around 7am local time. As I said in my last post, I was lucky enough to have been able to fly first class. I must say that once my eyes have been open to this experience it will be hard to fly economy again. The food was fantastic. I had smoked salmon on fennel, cajan halibut, spring mixed salad, banana pancakes and many more delicious foods that I was too stuffed to try. The chairs were so comfy and reclined into an actual bed! I was able to get about 6-8 hours of sleep!
The boys managed to rest on the way there. They watched a couple of movies and were awesome travellers. We arrived at our hotel at a little after 9am. Our room wasn't quite ready, so we decided to try and get some breakfast. There was a huge mall that was attached to our hotel so we headed there. We thought we would try some local cuisine, but the boys were not keen in trying some of the food that they were displaying. So we headed to McDonald's! I'm embarrassed to say that this was the first restaurant that we went to, but it was familiar!
After breakfast our room was ready. We had a swim and got showered ready to explore the streets. More on that to come...

No comments: