Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Weekend in Malaysia


This past weekend was a long weekend due to the religious festival of Ramadan. So we took the opportunity to visit Malaysia. The border is about a 20 minute drive from Kuala Belait, which brought us to our hotel by 10am. Normally in Canada we could never afford to stay at a 5 star hotel, but over here it is quite affordable. And I must say that I was feeling quite pampered. After a quick bite to eat, the boys were anxious to get in the pool. They loved that they could go to the swim up bar and order milkshakes! After 7 hours in the pool we finally dragged them out to get ready for dinner. That night the hotel was putting on a beach BBQ followed by a sunset movie. The food was delicious and the sunset amazing! I slipped away early as I had booked a pedicure at the hotel spa. I love being pampered at the spa, but one of the things I love is all the smells and special touches that a spa offers. As my feet were getting pretty I sipped away at my new found drink. Non-alcoholic, but really yummy. I loved it so much she gave me the recipe. So here it is...
Ginger Iced Tea
Steep about 1 1/2 inches of sliced ginger in a pot of hot water
Add about 1/2 cup of sugar
Let that boil for about 45 minutes
Then add 2 regular tea bags Continue to boil for another 10 minutes
Remove tea bags when tea is strong enough for your liking
Then strain ginger and chill
So yummy!

2 comments:

FTD said...

so glad to hear you were pampered :)

Christy said...

Just looks like your on a holiday! Glad you've connected with some other families!