Monday, July 26, 2010

What a Sight...


Recently my kids and I have been having a tug o war with the video game that they love to play. After many episodes of arguing and bargaining I decided to settle the matter once and for all. I decided that they would each get one hour of FREE game time and they could earn additional time by reading. I wasn't sure how the idea would work, but was pleasantly surprised. After an afternoon spent at the river we came home. I was busy making dinner and all was surprisingly quiet. As I peeked in afraid to see what I would find...I saw both of my boys reading!! I think we have finally found the bargaining chip to encourage their reading!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Way to go! Great idea....and I love the new look!

Scottishlass said...

That is a great idea!