Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer



This past long the weekend the boys and I headed to the Interior to my Dad's Cabin on Johnson Lake. After experiencing my first ever flat tire we arrived safe and sound thanks for some very kind road crew workers! Johnson Lake is about an hour and a half outside of Kamloops. The water is so beautiful you feel as if you are in the Caribbean. The boys enjoyed the freedom of rowing their own boat. Evan patiently tried to catch a fish. He had many fisherman stories about "The one that got away..." but came home with an empty net. Kieran, my Dad and I climbed a mountain that brought to a beautiful lookout over the lake. If it weren't for the forest fires in the area the view would have been outstanding. All in all we enjoyed beautiful weather and a great visit with our family.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Gotta love getting away from it all ;) glad you had a great time!