Friday, July 16, 2010

City Slickers vs. Cowboys



This past July 1st long weekend we had the privilege of attending my cousins Canada day annual team penning competition. Those of you who know me well, know how afraid I am of horses. I just feel they are such big animals who take me where THEY want to go. Well my boys (who arrived early to tag the cattle) hauled me into a barn where there were at least 5 horses who were tied up as I later learned. I was a tad bit anxious to say the least. Anyway, by the end of the day these city slickers were well on their way to becoming cowboys! My boys amazed me and rode these beautiful animals unassisted for the entire day. I too, battled my nerves and climbed aboard. The following day my cousin Tina took us on a two hour trail ride. It was absolutely wonderful and I was amazed at how much I actually enjoyed it!

No comments: