Monday, May 7, 2012

This Morning...

 
OK... For my first confession, this was meant to be post about what I saw this morning.  But my bad blogging habits have made me a few days late.  With that in mind...
This morning after I dropped Evan off at school I headed for a walk on the beach.  I must admit, this use to be a weekly event for me, but lately laziness seems to have crept in.  So after parking, putting my earphones in, and kicking off my flip flops, I took to the sand.  The beach is a beautiful spot and it is seldom busy.  As you can see it was just me and some fishermen. I usually walk a little over an hour.  I walk to a certain spot, sit for awhile and contemplate life.  This morning however, life was all around me.  In the top photo is a Horseshoe Crab.  The Horseshoe Crab is estimated to have been on the earth for 300 million years.  They primarily live in and around shallow ocean waters on soft sandy or muddy bottoms. I think they are uncommon as I have only seen one other in my 2 years here.  This one seemed to be stranded on the shore.  I bravely attempted a rescue with my stick in hand.  He swam away happily.
We also see many jellyfish on the shores from time to time.  Mainly during monsoon season when the seas are rough.  This one looked different from the ones I normally see and warranted a photo.
This is one of the places I will miss and think of when I'm back home in Canada.  I love the warmth, and the sand between my toes.  As always... It is always rewarding when I make the effort to take in the world around me.  

No comments: