Monday, April 2, 2012

Bali - Day One

A few years ago I read the book Eat, Pray, Love. Not only did I love the book, but I loved the visuals the movie later provided. From that moment my heart was pulled to visit the beautiful island of Bali.
From our home in Brunei, we flew to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and stayed one night there taking in the sights and the shopping. The following morning we headed to the airport for the 3 hour flight to Bali. Initially I was immersed in all the sights and sounds of the big city where we landed. But as we continued into the countryside where our hotel was, I was breathless to the beauty that existed naturally.
Upon our arrival to our hotel, the character of the Balinese people was apparent. They are the kindest, and most peaceful people I think I have ever met. We had a necklace of flowers draped around our neck and were ushered to our awaiting home away from home. After we dropped off our bags we wandered around the resort taking in the beautiful landscape of the Balinese resort. There were beautiful water features in several areas and lush landscaping. The scenery was a treat for the eyes. We finished the evening with a traditional Balinese dinner and had an early night, ready to explore the next morning.

No comments: