Friday, February 3, 2012

New Friends

Recently our church held a conference for pastors from the Phillipines. After offering my home to be used for accomodation, I was blessed to be able to get to know these three lovely ladies over the next few days. It was really fun touring them around Brunei. What I loved the most was our time in the evening where we would just sit and talk, comparing notes of what each of our lives looked like. These 3 ladies have planted an amazing number of churches. They make a difference in this world where ever their feet walk. I witnessed the way they make strangers feel so loved. They left me wanting to be more like them.
So let me formally introduce them to you. In the group photo, from the left is Haidee, then Margie, then Evan, Kieran, and I. On the right is Malou.
On one of our evenings together we had an amazing time singing together. Evan was on the drums and Kieran played the guitar. Not only did these ladies leave a mark in my heart, but my boys as well. Needless to say, when it was time to say goodbye, the tears came. It is funny how complete strangers can come into your home and within a few days can leave memories that will never be forgotten. I do hope to be able to visit them again. This time in their country. I know that even though their are many miles that separate us... our paths will once again cross.

No comments: