Friday, February 3, 2012

Chinese New Year

Anyone who know me well, knows that my pajamas are calling to me shortly after my kids go to bed. I'd like to be a night owl... but I'm just not. Oh... I can only imagine all I could accomplish with a little less shut eye?
So needless to say, New Years was never really celebrated in our home.
But...
This year thanks to my friend Laura, I stayed up to ring in Chinese New Years. During the week before the official day, fireworks lull you to sleep almost like the croaking frogs. Just kidding... But really they are almost always in the background.
So for about almost an hour after the clock struck 12, the amazing display of fireworks lit the sky. Here are just a few of the festivities that I captured.
It was a fun night.
But the best part was when once again I was snuggled up with my jammies on.

No comments: