Thursday, December 6, 2012

So Special...


Over the years I've had many "made with love" gifts from my boys.  Many of them I still have and will treasure forever.  While others like a beautiful hand painted macaroni necklace hold more memories than they did completing an outfit. This year my smile was a genuine one.  Kieran made me the most beautiful wooden cutting board in his woodworking class.  It is absolutely beautiful, almost too beautiful... I can't bear myself to use it! It does sit in a place of honor in my kitchen but like a new car, the first scratch is the hardest to bear.  This is one gift that I will hold close, knowing the time and love it took to make! 

2 comments:

Redwillet said...

Hi,

I stumbled across your blog while looking for pictures of appropriate women's attire in Brunei -- I'm traveling here for 2 weeks on business -- but as a Christian, I'd also like to attend a church, and it looks like you might be a good person to advise me! Are there any "recognized" churches in Bandar you'd recommend? (I'm sure there are house churches meeting here and there, but I wouldn't want to compromise/draw attention to any of those.)

Anyway, I know this is super random, and that you don't know me at all! But any help you can give would be appreciated.

Grace and peace,
Nikki

Michelle said...

Hello Nikki,

I have lots of info for you regarding your trip to Brunei. We lived there for 2 years and loved many things about it. If you pass me your email address we can chat further about any questions you may have. Looking forward to hearing from you!