Sunday, December 16, 2012

England Bound

We all know the saying, "Time Flies."  But as I pen the details of our trip to England I can hardly believe it has been 15 years since I was last in England. 
15 years ago I was a young newlywed returning to our life back in Canada.  Who would have known where life's years would have taken me?  So on our return to the land where I was married, we now take our family with us.  This time to show them where the other side of their family is from. 

When we boarded our plane, we had a surprise for the boys.  With the huge amount of flying that Rob does, he has accumulated quite a few air miles.  We were able to upgrade all 4 of our seats to business class with his points.  This was a huge treat that we thoroughly enjoyed! 

Upon arrival to England we picked up our rental car and drove the 4 hours to Looe, Cornwall where my In-laws were waiting with open arms.  There is such a huge distance between us, but it is always amazing to see them.  We chatted and brought them up to speed with all we have been up to.  Then we went to our most charming rental cottage behind my in-laws house to eleviate some of the jet lag.

No comments: