Friday, December 30, 2011

Scuba Diving

Recently we saw a poster for a chance to "try diving" at the club. Basically, it gives you the chance to try diving in the pool to see if you like it. So, since I have a bit of a fear about breathing underwater, I thought we'd give it a try. Kieran was the first one in the pool. He was most excited about it. But even as he took his first breath out of the regulator, I think he even felt the nerves. But within 5 minutes at the bottom of the pool he was doing summersaults and spins.

Evan was next. He could barely hold the weight of the tank out of the water. But like most kids who have no fears, he was swimming like a fish within a few minutes. He too was doing handstands at the bottom of the pool. When I asked him, "What was your favorite part of scuba diving?" He answered, " All of it!!"

Rob and I also had a try. In fact, I tried twice as I didn't ease into it quite as easily as the boys. I felt anxious most of the time beneath the water. Logically, I knew I was breathing, but the pull to swim to the surface was hard to ignore. I will be giving it another try to see if scuba diving is for me. But for now, it was so much fun seeing my boys trying something that would be hard to experience back in Canada.

No comments: